Sunday, December 28, 2008

Frustration, frustration, frustration...

So okay, I need to vent a little - I guess this isn't the best place to do it, but somehow it works for me!!

We've been house-sitting a friend's house for just under a week now and I've completely fallen in love with it! Really big old farm-style kind of house - beautiful feel to it. It has 4 bedrooms, 2& 1/2 bathrooms, kitchen, lounge, diningroom, a huge attic, an enormous garden, a really big swimming pool and DSTV!!

And on Tuesday, I'll have to return to our little flat - where we all share one room! I feel guilty when I complain about our living conditions because we are very blessed to have some kind of home, but I so desperately want our own home again!

Having all this space has probably aggravated my already irritated feelings and possibly I'm over-tired from the whole Christmas thing!!

So with 2009 rapidly on it's way I pray that this will be the year where things really start coming right for us - that we will have our own home (very soon) and Quen will find stable work - work that he finds satisfaction and joy in.

I have so many thoughts running through my head about the new year - I'm concerned about Robyn not being ready for baptism, I'm excited about a new term of homeschool, I'm desperately excited about a home being in our very near future, I'm concerned about our spiritual welfare - we're not doing enough, not relying on the Lord enough, I'm excited about Sarah's wedding in December and so on and so on!!!

I need to settle down and make goals for myself and for our family - I need to be brave and strong...

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I am sorry Lindsay that you feel so frustrated. I am also a bit down, Christmas always does this to me .... Life is not a bed of roses. Chanel is also supposed to get baptized at the end of the year and we are not spiritually there yet!!!